On line entries for all three days opened on Monday 17 December. Entries will be made online via Fabian4.
- British Mixed Sprint Relays http://www.fabian4.co.uk/default.aspx?EventID=2254
- Both Saturday Individual Sprint and Sunday British Orienteering Champs http://www.fabian4.co.uk/default.aspx?EventID=2255
- British Relay Champs http://www.fabian4.co.uk/default.aspx?EventID=2256
- The events are only open to members of the British Orienteering Federation and to members of overseas IOF affiliated Federations. Membership will be checked by Fabian4 on entry so please ensure that your membership is up to date before entering.
- To be eligible to be a British Champion in the British Orienteering Championships, an individual competitor must meet the criteria as in Competition Rule A on the British Orienteering website.
- To be eligible to be British Relay Champions in the British Relay Championships, or to win any medals or prizes in either relay event, all members of a team must be members of the same club. For the British Relay Championships, full details are in Competition Rule D on the British Orienteering website.
- For the British Mixed Sprint Relays and the British Relay Championships, runners cannot run more than one leg.
- The Neighbouring Clubs Alliance can be requested for the Premier classes in the British Relay Championships, and the Open Class in the British Mixed Sprint Relays. Details of how to request this are on the British Orienteering website in Competition Rule D.
Saturday 4 May 2019. British Mixed Sprint Relays and Individual Sprint Day
|British Mixed Sprint Relays||Individual Sprint|
|Entry on or before||Open Class||Veteran (40+), Super Veteran (55+), Ultra Veteran (65+), Ad Hoc classes||Junior (16-)and Young Junior (12-) classes||Senior||Junior|
|3 Feb 2019||£40||£30||£15||£12||£6|
|10 March 2019||£40||£30||£15||£14||£7|
|21 April 2019||£48||£36||£18||£16||£8|
- Team entries must be made by team captains on or before 21 April. Team declarations will open online between Thursday 25 April and Thursday 2 May. Names of team members can be edited online up to midnight on Thursday 2 May. After that, names can only be added or changed on the printed team declaration forms no later than 1 hour before a relay starts.
- Entry fees for the relays relate to the class whatever the age and student status of competitors. The classes to which the junior fee applies are only Junior and Young Junior. University club teams can claim a £12 discount on the senior relay price in the Open class.
- In the Open relay class there must be 2 men and 2 women.
- In all other relay classes there must be at least 1 man and 1 woman.
- Relay runners cannot run competitively in the Individual Sprint, but there will be a non-competitive course available to relay runners who would like an extra run after the relays. This course will be EOD only.
- For the Individual Sprint, Junior is defined as anyone aged 20 or under on 31 Dec 2019. The junior fee also applies to anyone aged 21 or over on 31 Dec 2019 and in full-time education. Please provide details in the student status box. Proof of being in full-time education may be requested.
- Individual Sprint entrants will be able to choose early, middle or late starts and such requests will be met as far as is possible.
Sunday 5 May 2019. British Orienteering Championships
|Entry on or before||Senior||Junior|
|3 Feb 2019||£23||£10|
|10 March 2019||£25||£11|
|21 April 2019||£27||£12|
- Classes available will be M/W 18/20/21 E, L and S, M/W 10/12/14/16 A and B, M/W 35/40/45/50/55/60/65/70 L and S, M 75 L and S, W75, M/W 80/85/90.
- Junior is defined as anyone aged 20 or under on 31 Dec 2019. The junior fee also applies to anyone aged 21 or over on 31 Dec 2019 and in full-time education. Please provide details in the student status box. Proof of being in full-time education may be requested.
- Entrants will be able to choose very early, early, middle, late or very late starts and such requests will be met as far as is possible.
- There will be white, yellow and orange courses on this day with EOD only.
- There will be a free string course on this day.
Monday 6 May 2019. British Relay Championships
|Entry on or before||Senior classes||Junior classes|
|3 Feb 2019||£45||£21|
|10 March 2019||£45||£21|
|21 April 2019||£51||£27|
- Team entries must be made by team captains on or before 21 April. Team entries must be made by team captains on or before 21 April. Team declarations will open online between Thursday 25 April and Thursday 2 May. Names of team members can be edited online up to midnight on Thursday 2 May. After that, names can only be added or changed on the printed team declaration forms before 3pm on Sunday 5 May.
- Junior classes are Mini-Relay (M/W12-), M14, W14, M18, W18, Junior Ad Hoc (M/W18-).
- Senior classes are Men’s Premier, Women’s Premier, Men’s Short, Women’s Short, M40, W40, M50, W50, M60, W60, M/W70, Mixed Ad Hoc.
- Entry fees for the relays relate to the class whatever the age and student status of competitors. University club teams can claim a £12 discount on the senior relay price in the Men’s Premier, Women’s Premier, Men’s Short, and Women’s Short classes.
SPORTident electronic punching will be used on all three days. Competitors with a traditional SI card will dib in the ordinary way, but those orienteers who own or hire a SIAC will be able to use it contactlessly.
SI / SIAC card hire
- There will be a charge of £1 per day to hire an SI card. The charge for a lost SI card is £30.
- The charge for a SIAC will be £2.50 per day. The charge for a lost SIAC card will be £75. SIAC cards will not be available to hire at the events – they must be hired online on or before 21 April.
- For those entering BOC and the Individual Sprint, SI cards/SIACs must be hired for both events or neither.
- Those individuals wishing to hire an SI card/SIAC for either or both relays must do so via options on the entry form for the Individual Sprint and BOC. Again, the charge is £1/£2.50 per day. It will not be possible to hire SI cards/SIACs when entering teams for the relays – hiring must be done by individuals.
- It will be possible to edit individual entries to add SI/SIAC cards for the relays up to the closing date of 21 April.
- SI card/SIAC hire charges are the same for juniors and seniors.
Transport to the Events
So that we have an estimate of the number and types of vehicles coming to the events, entrants will be asked whether they are coming in an ordinary car sized vehicle or a larger campervan/minibus. Please ensure that any vehicle is only recorded once. If you are coming in a vehicle with someone else but you enter separately, only one entry should record the vehicle.
- Amendments which affect the course/class entered, and are within the same price band, may be made free of charge up to and including 21 April 2019.
- Amendments which affect the course/class entered, and which change the entry to a higher price band, will require an extra payment to make up the difference in fees applicable at the time of the change.
- Any amendments to course/class entered requested after April 21 will only be accepted at the discretion of the organisers and such amendments will incur an extra charge.
- Any request to amend an allocated start time will only be accepted at the discretion of the organisers and will incur an extra charge.
- Other amendments, which do not affect the entry cost, class, course or start time are free of charge.
- Fabian 4’s standard terms and conditions will apply.
- In the case of curtailment or cancellation of the events, due to circumstances beyond our control, we reserve the right to retain all or part of the entry fees. Competitors may only cancel their entry if the event itself has not been curtailed or cancelled.
- Cancellation of an entry on or before 3 March 2019 will be given a full refund, less an administration charge.
- Cancellations between 4 March and 3 April will be given a 50% refund less an administrative charge.
- The administration charge will be £3, or 4.5% of the fee being refunded plus £2.10, whichever is the higher.
- If you wish to cancel your entry, please use the standard Fabian4 process.
- Cancellations on or after 4 April will not be offered a refund.
Competitors accept the hazards associated with participating in the event, and that they take part at their own risk and are responsible for their own safety.
All British Orienteering members entering are covered by the British Orienteering public liability insurance policy. After competing in 3 events, non-members are not covered for public liability.
Other than the organiser’s liability for causing death or personal injury by negligence, Event Officials will not accept liability for any injury, accident, loss or damage to the competitor or their property that may arise before, during or after the event as a consequence of participation in the event.
General Data Protection Regulations
By entering these events you agree that we may publish your Personal Information as part of the results of the Event and may pass such information to the governing body or any affiliated organisation for the purpose of insurance or for publishing results either for the event alone or combined with or compared to other events. Results may include (but not be limited to) name, any club affiliation, race times and age group.
Fabian 4 have their own GDPR policy on their website.
Any enquiries about entries should be made to the Entries Secretary BOC2019Entries@halo-orienteering.uk
General enquiries about any of the events can be directed to the day organisers.